Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Online Registration:

How Do I Register Online?
If you have Internet access you can register online. If you have done anything with Parks and Recreation you may already have an online account. Accounts are assigned using a household’s home phone number with the area code as the username (ex. 6145551212) and the household’s last name as the password (unless you have changed your username and/or password). If your account information does not seem to be working please contact us via phone at 614-901-6500 or email us at parksandrec@westerville.org.

How Can I Set Up An Online Account?
The first step is to complete an Online Registration Form which can be obtained from the center pull-out of a Westerville Parks and Recreation Program Brochure, the registration desk at the Westerville Community Center, 350 N. Cleveland Ave. or by downloading the Online Registration Form found by clicking on the ‘Online Registration’ link to the left. Submit this form in person at the Westerville Community Center or email a copy to us at parksandrec@westerville.org (**If you are going to email the form; please be sure to save it as a document then attached the document to the email. Not saving it first can result in a blank form being sent**). Proof of residency will need to be shown, when applicable, in order to be eligible for the discounted resident rates. Proof of residency will be required to receive resident rates.

How Can I Show Proof Of Residency?
On January 1st of each year residency status expire but proof is only needed once each year. Proof of residency can be shown by stopping in at the Westerville Community Center, Senior Center, or Highlands Park Aquatic Center during normal business hours. Proof can also be sent via mail to 350 N. Cleveland Ave, Westerville, OH 43082 or email at parksandrec@westerville.org.

Proof of residency consists of identification such as a valid driver’s license, photo ID card, utility bill or with a check with an address printed by the bank. Individuals employed full-time in the Westerville City Limits will need to provide proof of employment on company letterhead with the signature of the personnel director or president or a current paycheck with their employer’s name and address long with a valid driver’s license. If a household has been granted residency status due to providing proof of Westerville Income tax withholding and it is later revealed that a full refund of these taxes occurred, the City of Westerville reserve the right to collect the difference between the resident fee paid originally for the actively or pass and the appropriate non-resident fee.

I Do Not Have A Computer At Home And/Or Do Not Have Access To The Internet. Can I Still Register Online?
Yes, you can register online by utilizing the computers at the Westerville Public Library, 126 South State Street, but you still must have an online account with us in order to register. The Library has computers available to the public at no charge on a first-come, first-served basis. There is a small charge if you'd like to print pages. Library hours are Mondays through Thursday, 9:00a.m. to 9:00p.m.; Friday and Saturday, 9:00a.m. to 6:00p.m.

How Will I Get Confirmation That My Online Registration Form Has Been Processed And I Can Now Sign In To WebTrac To Register For Classes?
Your Online Registration Form will be processed within 24 hours of submitting the form at the Westerville Community Center, 350 N. Cleveland Avenue. When you submit your form you will receive a packet of information that will include your user name and password to log in to WebTrac.

I've Turned In My Online Registration Form And Have Received My Account Information. Now I'm Ready To Register For Classes Online. Where Do I Begin?
Please visit our site at www.westerville.org and click on the ‘Online Registration’ link. Next click the link to take you to the sign on page where you can enter your account information. Once logged in you can begin registering for programs or shelters.

I Have A Copy Of The Program Brochure And Already Know The Class That I Want To Register For. What Is The Quickest And Easiest Way To Register For This Class Online?
After clicking the Online Registration link and accessing your online registration account, then click on "Shop" then "Activity Enrollment". Enter the activity and section numbers in the box provided, enter the "Family Member to Enroll" from the drop down box and then click "Add to Cart". After you have registered for all of the classes you would like, click on "Checkout" and follow the instructions to finalize your transaction.

If A Class Is Full Can I Or A Family Member Be Placed On A Waiting List?
Yes, to place an individual on the waiting list for a full class register as you would if the class was not full then click "Yes" to be added to the wait list. No fee will be associated with individuals placed on the waiting list.

What Forms Of Payment Are Accepted For Online Registration?
Both Visa and MasterCard are accepted as payment for online registration. If you wish to pay with a check you will need to register in person or by mail. If paying with cash or a gift certificate, you will need to visit the Westerville Community Center, 350 N. Cleveland Avenue. Registration hours at the Community are Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. and Saturday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

Street Tree FAQ’s:

Can I prune or remove my street tree?
The City prunes all street trees as necessary on a 5-year cycle. Storm damage or hazardous trees are handled as they appear or are reported. Homeowners are encouraged to remove suckering branches from the base of the tree, watersprouts from the trunks and also to remove small branches over the street and up to 8 foot above the sidewalk to allow for pedestrian traffic. Any large branches that need to be pruned shall be called in to the City Forester at 901-6591. The homeowner may apply for a free Tree Work Permit to perform significant pruning or removal. Homeowners shall not remove a street tree without first receiving permission from the City Forester.

Will the City remove the street tree in front of my property?
The City will make every reasonable attempt to save trees that are still a benefit to the community. The City Forester, under the direction of the Shade Tree Commission, will determine if a tree shall be removed. All removed tree locations will be evaluated for adequate spacing to be replaced.

What criteria may cause my street tree to be removed?
Any trees that have reached a level of unacceptable risk, weak structure, disease, insects or have a limited remaining useful life will be removed. The City also has an on-going Bradford Pear and Ash removal program.

What kind of street tree will be planted in front of my property?
The replacement street trees are chosen for your property following the Shade Tree Commission’s approved Street Tree Master List. This list provides three trees as replacements for each street to improve the diversity of our urban forest canopy. Unless requested by the resident the City Forester will select the specific tree species for each location.

Can I choose my replacement street tree species?
Homeowners may request the species for their tree lawn. It must be one of the three approved species for their street as set by the Shade Tree Commission’s Street Tree Master List.

How much does a replacement street tree cost?
There is no cost to the homeowner for replacement street trees.

When will my replacement street tree be planted?
Most tree plantings takes place in the fall between October and mid December. Generally trees are replaced the year following their removal as budgets allow. Due to an excessive loss of trees due to hurricane IKE in 2008 there may be an extended delay on replacement trees.

Why isn’t the City replacing the street tree in front of my property?
The City replaces as many trees as possible. Street lights, fire hydrants, existing trees, and other infrastructure may be in conflict and not allow for the replacement of a removed tree.

I have never had a street tree. Can I plant my own?
Homeowners may apply for a free Tree Work Permit. This will allow the City Forester to work with the homeowner on the proper species selection, location, and size of tree to be planted.

Call your City Forester Mathew Ulrey at 901-6598 if you need a free Tree Work Permit or if you have additional questions.
For service requests or to report storm damage please call 901-6591.