REOPENING PARKS, FACILITIES AND PROGRAMS
Westerville, we have missed you and are excited to begin reopening more of our facility and park amenities to the community.
- The Westerville Community Center is open to passholders and daily visitors (both residents and non-residents).
- The indoor pool reopened to patrons on Monday, July 6.
- Please use the north entrance of the building only, as the main and south entrances are closed for renovation.
- The indoor playground has temporarily closed due to construction.
- Some programs with Westerville Parks and Recreation are returning in July. Registration is required.
- New shelter (residents only) and Everal Barn (residents and non-residents) reservations are now being accepted.
Please find detailed information on updates below. As more restrictions are lifted and guidelines/procedures are modified, we will be sure to share those changes with you here.
We ask that you to continue observing social distancing and best practices as recommended by public health officials in all areas of the park system. Our number one priority is the healthy and safety of our patrons and staff. We appreciate your patience and flexibility as we navigate these changes together.
NEW UPDATE: On Monday, July 6, Westerville Parks and Recreation began taking new reservations for shelters (residents only) and Everal Barn (residents and non-residents.)
Due to COVID-19, certain guidelines and restrictions are now in place to protect the safety of all patrons. Before booking a rental, please review the following:
- Six feet will be maintained between all tables and chairs; therefore, capacity is 74 people for banquet style seating (no dance floor), 21 people for classroom, and 42 theater-style seating.
- If serving food, renters must choose a caterer from the Approved Catering List.
- Limited dancing permitted.
- Six-foot social distancing must be followed.
- Face coverings recommended during all events.
- The homestead will be unavailable to rent.
- Office hours/tours will be by appointment only during these timeframes: Tuesdays from 11 a.m.-1 p.m.; Wednesdays from 9 a.m.- 7 p.m.; and Saturdays from 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Call 614-901-6515 for an appointment.
- Shelter rentals are restricted Westerville residents until further notice.
- Reservations are online-only at www.westerville.org/registration.
- Group must follow current State of Ohio gathering limits.
- No bounce houses permitted.
- Face coverings recommended.
Reopened Park Amenities:
- Outdoor Playgrounds (including a new play structure at the Westerville Sports Complex)
- Park Restrooms
- Outdoor Tennis and Pickleball Courts
- Skate Park
- Thomas James Knox Rink
- Dog Park
- Basketball and Sand Volleyball Courts
Remaining CLOSED until further notice:
- Heritage Park Homestead
- Senior Center
- Hanby Park Splash Pad
- Water Fountains
- Sports Fields (contact sports)
NOT opening for the 2020 season based on the recommendation from Franklin County Public Health:
- Highlands Park Aquatic Center
Public Health Procedures:
- Maintain social distancing.
- No congregating in groups of more than 10 people.
- Reminder: By visiting park locations, you voluntarily assume all risks relevant to public health risks.
Summer Program Cancellations:
- Summer Day Camps
- Summer Adult Sports (Softball)
- Sounds of Summer Concert Series
- Lunch Box Music Series
- Summer Theater
- Westerville Jazz Series
The Westerville Community Center reopened on Monday, June 15. As we adhere to the Ohio Department of Health’s RestartOhio guidelines, you will see new changes to our operation. Outlined below, these restrictions and guidelines will help ensure a clean and safe environment for everyone. It is important to review this information before visiting the facility. Please use the north entrance only as the main and south entrances are closed for construction until further notice.
Westerville Community Center Reopening Guidelines
- NEW: The Indoor Pool reopened to the community on Monday, July 6.
- Lap lanes will require a specific reservation for a 45-minute time slot.
- Learn how to book a lap lane reservation up to a week in advance in this video.
- Lap lane reservations are limited to one per day for each individual. However, swimmers can utilize the rest of the facility for another 45 minutes before or after their time block to enjoy the leisure pool or fitness area without the need of a separate reservation.
- View a printable lap lane schedule here.
- The Leisure Pool will be available for 90-minute time periods similar to the fitness area.
- The hot tub and the interactive pool play feature will not be available at this time. However, the new water slides will be open.
- Lap lanes will require a specific reservation for a 45-minute time slot.
- Fitness Center and Track
- No equipment will be supplied. Shared equipment and group/contact sports remain prohibited by ODH guidelines for social distancing compliance. This area will serve as extra space for fitness activities.
- Toilets and sinks will be available. At this time, locker rooms and showers remain closed. Please arrive dressed and ready for your workout.
- Indoor Playground (This play structure has temporarily closed due to construction.)
- This playground is only accessible to those who have an active pass or paid daily admission and have made an online reservation for a Community Center time slot.
- Monday - Friday: 5:45 a.m. - 9 p.m.
- Saturday: 8 a.m. - 8 p.m.
- Sunday: 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
**Starting Saturday, June 27, all patrons must enter the building through the new North Entrance as construction is completed in the rotunda. Temporary ADA parking will be added in the north parking lot.**
Time Block Reservation
- Each person 3 years of age and older will be required to sign up for a 90-minute time block.
- There are 15 minutes between each time block to clear the building and allow for the next group to enter.
- Reserve a time slot online at www.westerville.org/registration. Watch how to make a general facility reservation here. Please note a separate 45-minute time period must be booked for lap lanes only.
General Facility Time Slots
- Please stay home if you have a fever or are experiencing any symptoms of illness.
- Remain in your vehicle until your time slot.
- Adhere to all social distancing guidelines and posted signage.
- A mask or facial covering is required when entering and exiting the building and in common areas such as hallways and staffed desks.
- Upon entering the building, all visitors (and staff) will have their temperature checked.
- Practice good personal hygiene (wash hands, cover sneeze/coughs).
- Arrive dressed and ready. Locker rooms and storage remain closed. Patrons are responsible for their belongings.
- Bring your own water bottle. Water fountains will not be available for use.
- Clean fitness machines or equipment before and after use.
Options for Passholders
- You can resume using your existing membership starting June 15. Monthly payments on passes will restart on July 15. The missed-time from the closure will be added onto your pass; this will happen automatically unless you choose another option listed below.
- You may keep your pass on hold until you are comfortable coming back. You must contact us to let us know you do not want your pass reactivated yet. Please click here to notify us of that preference. You will still have the option to purchase a daily admission pass if you want to try out the facility.
- Cancel your pass. If you choose this option, click here.
The Westerville Parks and Recreation Department will host a new set of summer programs for all ages starting in July.
Online registration is now available for these socially-distanced activities for both residents and non-residents at www.westerville.org/registration.
Outdoor and indoor opportunities for recreation will be available including games, nature exploration, movie nights, science experiments and more. Additionally, group fitness and aqua aerobic classes start on Monday, July 13.
View the "events calendar" on the registration webpage to see all the upcoming programs or click the month below for a printable version.
August (coming soon)
More programs will be added in the near future, so be sure to check back!
Have questions?Please email email@example.com for more information.