PROJECT PHASES AND TIMELINE
Construction for the expansion of the Westerville Community Center is expected to be complete in 2020. We appreciate your patience and flexibility during the construction process; and thank you for your continued support of the Westerville Parks and Recreation Department.
EXPANSION CONSTRUCTION HISTORY
- The Sprouts Room, Arts and Crafts Room, Indoor Playground, Lap Pool and Hot Tub reopened to the public.
- A new front entrance to the building was completed along with an updated drop-off area.
- The County Line Rd. entrance/exit to the parking lot reopened to traffic.
- Work continued on the renovation of the leisure pool.
- The exterior walls for the gymnasium extension were completed.
- Construction for the expansion is in full swing. Certain areas of the building are being closed or relocated including the Teen Scene, Buckeye B, Sprouts Room, Indoor Playground, Front Entrance and Indoor Pool.
- Free shuttle service began in January during peak times from the Westerville Sports Complex to the Community Center.
- The County Line Road entrance/exit closed for construction work and a new traffic pattern and parking took effect.
- The groundbreaking ceremony was held in October.
- Crews fenced off the the construction area and initial work began.
GENERAL CONSTRUCTION PHASES
Phase III: Construction / Post Construction - IN PROGRESS
- Groundbreaking: Oct. 16, 2018
- Construction: Underway
- Open to the Public
Phase II: Design and Construction Development - COMPLETE
- Develop Design
- Construction Documents
- Bidding for project
Phase I: Predesign - COMPLETE
- Community input through surveys, open houses, Charrettes
- Existing Conditions Analysis
- Programming Analysis