PROJECT PHASES AND TIMELINE
Construction for the expansion of the Westerville Community Center is expected to be complete in early 2020. We appreciate your patience and flexibility during the construction process; and thank you for your continued support of the Westerville Parks and Recreation Department.
EXPANSION CONSTRUCTION HISTORY
- Construction for the expansion is in full swing. Certain areas of the building are being closed or relocated including the Teen Scene, Buckeye B, Sprouts Room, Indoor Playground, Front Entrance and Indoor Pool.
- Free shuttle service began in January during peak times from the Westerville Sports Complex to the Community Center.
- The County Line Road entrance/exit closed for construction work and a new traffic pattern and parking took effect.
- The groundbreaking ceremony was held in October.
- Crews fenced off the the construction area and initial work began.
GENERAL CONSTRUCTION PHASES
Phase III: Construction / Post Construction - IN PROGRESS
- Groundbreaking: Oct. 16, 2018
- Construction: Underway
- Open to the Public
Phase II: Design and Construction Development - COMPLETE
- Develop Design
- Construction Documents
- Bidding for project
Phase I: Predesign - COMPLETE
- Community input through surveys, open houses, Charrettes
- Existing Conditions Analysis
- Programming Analysis