Construction for the expansion of the Westerville Community Center is in full swing. The end result in 2020 will be a state-of-the-art facility that is better equipped to serve the community, with expanded fitness and gym space, a warm water therapy pool, integration of the Older Adult Center and much more. We appreciate your patience and flexibility during the construction process; and thank you for your continued support of the Westerville Parks and Recreation Department.
Construction inside the Westerville Community Center is underway. Important updates and closures will be announced here and around the facility as needed.
The new Sprouts Room is now open.
As the Community Center locker rooms are renovated, some restrooms will be unavailable. Please review posted signage for change in locker room use.
The indoor lap pool and hot tub have reopened for public use. The leisure pool still remains under construction, but should be available for swimming again later this fall. See the indoor pool hours.
The front entrance to the building is currently fenced off for construction. All patrons must enter the facility through the double doors on the south end. Signage guides visitors to this side entrance and updated accessible parking.
- The indoor playground in the rotunda is closed to the public for project work.
- The Buckeye B Room is now closed. All programs will continue in an alternate location.
- The Teen Scene Room is also closed for renovations.
- The County Line Rd. entrance/exit to the parking lot remains closed. Visitors must use the entrance/exit off Cleveland Ave. to access the facility.
- The front of the building/main entrance is being renovated.
- Wall structures are up for the new fitness and gym areas on the west side of the building. Temporary walls have been built in the existing gymnasium and many windows have been covered for safety.
- Construction crews are currently building the new warm water therapy pool on the east of the facility.
- The framing and roof for the new older adults space and maple rooms are in place.
Opened in October:
- Lap Pool and Hot Tub
- Childcare Room
Scheduled to Open this Fall:
- Leisure Pool
- Front Entrance
- Indoor Playground
- Arts and Craft Room
Take a look at the conceptual designs for the new Westerville Community Center. Although some minor details may change during the construction process, this animation will give you a feel for the extensive improvements planned for the facility!
COMMUNITY CENTER CONCEPTUAL DESIGN ANIMATION