Construction for the expansion of the Westerville Community Center is in full swing. The end result in 2020 will be a state-of-the-art facility that is better equipped to serve the community, with expanded fitness and gym space, a warm water therapy pool, integration of the Older Adult Center and much more. We appreciate your patience and flexibility during the construction process; and thank you for your continued support of the Westerville Parks and Recreation Department.
As construction continues at the Westerville Community Center, important updates and closures will be announced here and around the facility as needed.
*The Leisure Pool at the Westerville Community Center is almost ready to open. The pool's foundation is receiving a final treatment to improve its appearance. It is now anticipated swimmers will be able to enjoy the renovated aquatic area during the last week of January.*
The Teen Scene Room is closed for renovations.
As the Community Center locker rooms are updated, some restrooms will be unavailable. Please review posted signage for change in locker room use.
The indoor lap pool and hot tub have reopened for public use. The leisure pool still remains under construction, but should be available for swimming again this winter. See the indoor pool hours.
The new Arts and Crafts Room is being used for some programs, but still needs a few final touches before the renovation is complete.
The County Line Rd. entrance/exit to the parking lot is back open to vehicular traffic.
The front entrance to the building has reopened with a new entry plaza and sliding door.
- The indoor playground and the Sprouts Room are now available for children to use.
- Wall structures are up for the new fitness and gym areas on the west side of the building. Temporary walls have been built in the existing gymnasium and many windows have been covered for safety.
- Construction crews are currently building the new warm water therapy pool on the east of the facility.
- The framing and roof for the new older adults space and maple rooms are in place.
Opened in October:
- Lap Pool and Hot Tub
- Childcare Room
Opened in November:
- County Line Rd. Parking Lot Entrance/Exit
- Front Building Entrance and Drop-off
- Indoor Playground
- Arts and Crafts Room
Scheduled to Open this Winter:
- Leisure Pool
- All locker rooms and restrooms
The appearance of the Community Center is constantly changing with the renovations. Take a look at how some areas of the building are taking shape in the photos below.
COMMUNITY CENTER CONCEPTUAL DESIGN ANIMATION