Construction for the expansion of the Westerville Community Center is in full swing. The end result in 2020 will be a state-of-the-art facility that is better equipped to serve the community, with expanded fitness and gym space, a warm water therapy pool, integration of the Older Adult Center and much more. We appreciate your patience and flexibility during the construction process; and thank you for your continued support of the Westerville Parks and Recreation Department.
Construction inside the Westerville Community Center will begin affecting some areas of the building this spring. Important updates will continue to be announced here and around the facility as needed.
- On April 29, the front entrance to the building will be fenced off for construction. All patrons will enter the facility through the double doors on the south end. Signage will guide visitors to this side entrance and updated accessible parking.
- The indoor playground in the rotunda will be unavailable beginning May 6.
- The indoor pool will close starting May 16. Pass holders may use Highlands Park Aquatic Center. See the outdoor pool hours.
- Sprouts Room activities have been relocated to Maple Room C.
- The Buckeye B Room is now closed. All programs will continue in an alternate location.
- The Teen Scene Room has also closed for renovations.
- The County Line Rd. entrance/exit to the parking lot remains closed until August. Visitors must use the entrance/exit off Cleveland Ave. to access the facility.
- The front of the building/main entrance will be renovated over the next several months.
- Wall structures are coming up for the new fitness and gym areas on the west side of the building. Temporary walls have been built in the existing gymnasium and many windows have been covered for safety.
- Construction crews are currently digging the new warm water therapy pool on the east of the facility, building the elevator shaft on the north side of the building and moving dirt to make way for the extension and additional parking on the south side of the building.
Take a look at the conceptual designs for the new Westerville Community Center. Although some minor details may change during the construction process, this animation will give you a feel for the extensive improvements planned for the facility!
COMMUNITY CENTER CONCEPTUAL DESIGN ANIMATION